The Driver CPC (Certificate Of Professional Competence)
Compliance with the ‘Driver CPC’ is a legal requirement for Bus and Coach drivers since September 2008 and for Large Goods Vehicle Drivers since September 2009. This applies to the Driver CPC initial qualification for new drivers and Driver CPC periodic training for existing Drivers.
All NEW Large Vehicle Drivers who wish to drive vocationally will have to pass the following tests to gain their CPC qualification:
- Module 1: Theory test and hazard perception
- Module 2: Driver CPC case studies test
- Module 3: Practical driving test
- Module 4: Driver CPC test for vehicle safety
LRC Training can offer training and tests in all the above qualifications.
All vocational Drivers must undergo 35 hours of training, delivered by an Approved Provider every 5 years, in order to maintain their entitlement to drive professionally.
LRC Training now offer the following 3.5 Hour Driver CPC Approved Courses:
- Pre-use Vehicle Checks
- Driver Development in the use of Digital Tachograph
- Customer Service in Transportation
- Manual Handling for Drivers
- Principles of Safe & Fuel Efficient Driving
- Safety & Security of Vehicle & Load (including accident procedures)
- Rules on Drivers’ Hours Tachograph
- Driver Development in Defensive Driving
- Emergency First Aid for Drivers (Full 7 Hour CPC Course)
- Transport Health & Safety (Full 7 Hour CPC Course)
Any two 3.5 hour courses can be combined to constitute a JAUPT approved 7 hour Driver CPC Course. However, to comply with the legal requirements, both 3.5 hour modules must be completed within a 24 hour period.
The flexibility of our modular courses allow you to ‘mix and match’ the training to best suit your individual needs. If you are unsure which to select, we would be happy to advise you.